Thursday, November 13, 2008

The New Guy...or Girl

Yesterday we went to the doctor for visit #2 and the first ultrasound. Now before I go into the actual visit I want to talk a little about the way things work in a doctors office. I know I shouldn't be doing this since my dad is a doctor but I just don't get it.


We arrive for our 8:30 appointment at 8:20, check in, sit down. No ones around so I begin to read "The Cat in the Hat" because it is the only non parenting publication in the place. 10 minutes go by, then 20, then 30 it's now 9 o'clock and still no one has come calling for us. The funny thing is it's not as if the office is overflowing with patients we are the only ones there. At this point amazingly I am the calm one, I've managed to talk Carrie out of tackling the receptionist and I'm now trying to distract her from the sizeable delay. The question I have is what happens if I'm late for my appointment...do they wait for me? or am I just out of luck?



Sample picture



On to the ultrasound. Yes we were finally attended to and taken to the back room where the ultrasound equipment awaits. We get the rundown of the process, what we are looking for and off we go. Above are both the 2D and 3D views of the new guy/girl I put my picture next to it because the doctor says it looks like me. I assume she was joking, but I'll let you be the judge.

Lastly since I am a man, men love sports and sports are full of statistics, I thought I would give the rundown of the new guy/girls first ultrasound stats.
  • Crown to Rump .2 somethings (I can't remember the unit of measure and Carrie wasn't paying attention but I think it's roughly a centimeter.)
  • Heart rate 162 BPM's
  • Measure in at the ripe old age of 7 weeks
  • Expected due date remains June 30th (interesting note: could have the same B-Day as one of the future Aunts.)

So that's the tale of the tape for this rice sized embryo and one other thing I forgot to mention, Carrie pulled the morning sickness card again, this time inside the Doctors office.

No comments:

Post a Comment